Sunday, October 2, 2011

One Down...

Yes, I have already started counting down.  I have heard from a few friends that I should not start counting down until AT LEAST the half way point.  Oops... I cannot help but think, "One week down, only eleven more to go."  To be completely honest, I actually have a "countdown" app on my phone, and that already has how many days left until "I get my husband back."  

Fuzz left a little after noon this time.  Much better than 5 AM, but almost nearly as hard.  I definitely tried to get as much done Friday afternoon, so that Fuzz wouldn't have to worry about it on his very very short time at home.  Even though there wasn't much to do at home, it still seems that we ran out of time.  Between running some errands that Fuzz had to do before heading back, checking in with his department, and whatever else, there just didn't seem to be enough hours in the day.  We definitely went to bed too late, got up too early, and then it was over.

It's pretty hectic trying to cram in errands, laundry, ironing, de-linting, household things I may not be able to do, Daddy/Daughter time with the girls, and hopefully some quality "us" time.  Hopefully we get into a good routine with this, so that things don't feel as rushed.

From all the blogs and info I have read it says that I should not "burden" Fuzz with the stress that I had being alone with two babies, and no contact with him.  They say that he had to deal with way worse, and he doesn't need to hear it.  The Academy told Fuzz that he shouldn't burden me with his complaints about what he did all week.  That no matter how rough it was for him, I had it just as bad being home alone taking care of his house, his children, and the rest of life.  They told him that he had someone to wake him, plan his meals and feed him, tell him when to do everything, and that I still had to go about regular life, but without him. 

We talked about that.  We decided that it was best for us to share what we were going through.  Neither of us are trying to compete with who has it worse.  We feel it's important to spend some time on the phone while he drives the 4.5 hours home talking about how the week went, how sore he is, who got yelled at, etc.  And I can share with him how long it took Thing 1 to go to bed, how many times I had to get up in the night with Thing 2, the nightmare of two little ones at the store, etc.  We get it all out of the way after saying hello.  We plan to try to do this every time he comes home.  We feel it's important to hear about all of that because we aren't able to experience it together, and we aren't able to share with one another during the week.  We hope that there will be less "complaining" on both our parts as we adjust.  And we are aiming for all the "catching each other up on things" to be done before he walks in the door, so that our actual time together is spent just being a family.  

I am really hoping that this week goes by quickly so my darling Fuzz can be with us once again.  I am also hoping that it goes by quickly for him since he is going through something that is pretty rough.  

Stay tough Fuzz, stay tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment