Monday, October 24, 2011

Over 1/3 Of The Way!

Yesterday marked the beginning of Week Five!  We are now 1/3 of the way done.  It hasn't gotten any easier.  Sunday's are still really rough.  I guess the rest of the week is a little teeny bit easier, but I'm not sure I would really say easier.... more like I have gotten used to it a little bit.  Sunday is still the same.  I cry as soon as it gets to be close to the time Fuzz has to leave.  I would like to think that the next 8 weeks of Sunday's will get easier, but to be honest... they seem to be getting harder.  I think they are getting harder because I am just so tired of having to say "good-bye" for an entire week, week after week.

Last Wednesday, the middle of Week Four, Fuzz was allowed his very first phone call!  I was at practice for the swim team I coach, so I nearly missed the call.  By the time I answered, on the third try, we only had about 4 mins to talk.  Those were the best 4 mins I have had in a long time!  He got to call again Thursday night, but only because some of the recruits didn't get the call Wednesday night.  We are hoping they keep up the good work, and are allowed to call at least every Wednesday.  I will take one night, for a few mins!  It really did help me feel better about being home, as a single mom.

Well Thing 1 is up from a nap.  My single mom duties are calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment